Friday, April 10, 2009

New Do!







Usually when I get my hair cut and colored I take Nash along with me.  This is usually at least a two hour process though and now that Nash is getting more curious and more mobile, it's a little more stressful for Mom.   This was also my opportunity to get Nash's hair cut by Michelle.  She does a fabulous job and knows a few tricks to keep him occupied while she cuts his hair.  My next hair appointment is next Tuesday and this time I asked our neighbor Allison if she would mind coming over to our house to watch him while I get my hair done.  So instead of driving Nash out to Parkview for a quick cut and a ten minute struggle to keep him still in the barber chair, I decided to try a place in Davenport called "Cookie Cutters."  It's a hair salon for kids!  They suggested we make an appointment since its Easter weekend so we waited until 1:45 and made our way in.  They have a small piece of playground equipment set up inside for kids who are waiting and they have barber chairs shaped like cars and fire engines.  Nash got to sit in one of the cars and the movie "Cars" was playing on a screen in front of him.  There was also a larger mirror beside him so he could look up and wave at himself every once in a while.  I had Amy cut his hair a little shorter than normal because Nash has very thick hair and it grows really fast.   She was cracking up at him because every time she would show him a new toy to look at he would say "oooooh!" or "wow!"  He did really well and has a handsome new do for the Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment