Friday, September 4, 2009

18 Month Checkup


On August 23rd, Nash turned 18 months old! Today he had his 18 month checkup. He weighs 23 pounds 10 oz which puts him into the 20th percentile. He is 31 1/2 inches long putting him in the 25th percentile. His head circumference is 48.4 cm putting him in the 65th percentile. Our little man has big brains! He has 16 teeth now. The doctor said he should be saying about 20 words by now and by his second birthday he should be saying about 50 words. This made me feel really good because I'm pretty sure Nash knows a lot more than 20. Just to make myself feel better, I thought I'd take a little inventory of what he has said just TODAY (and used correctly)...door, Dada, Momma, Nana, Boppa, dog, away, snack, hat, shoes, juice, milk, please, loader, owie, oh no, stop, more, book, baby, lion, zebra, tiger, big truck, ride, car, Iowa, airplane, wagon, jump, out, Nemo, Thomas, mower, yeah, leaf, ball, bye bye, picture, bus, shirt
Other words he says...backhoe (imagine that), bird, cat, red, yellow, blue, orange, black, purple (he still gets his colors mixed up), lay down, mine, rain, rainbow, eyes, nose, mouth, ears, thank you, poo poo, one, two, three, go, wash, Will, Nini (Whitney), shoes, raisin, grapes, nana (banana)...
He knows sign language for...please, thank you, shoes, work, more
If I ask him how much Mommy loves him he stretches out his arms out and says "this much!"
He recognizes words and phrases such as "where is your elbow?" and he will point to his elbow. He also recognizes people in pictures if I ask him "where's Grama Jo?" or "where's Uncle Than?" He is able to pick them out of a group picture.
He is very quick to repeat any words that he hears too even if he doesn't know what they mean...so be careful!
He is at such a fun age...I think I've said that before. :0) If I have a rough day, it all goes away when I walk in the door and Nash gives me a big smile. One of his favorite things to do is ride the mower with Dada. He loves dipping his food in ketchup, reading books, and playing outside. We are still not sure if he is left or right handed. He tends to use his left hand most often but can throw a ball pretty well with either hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment