Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy "Gangster" New Year!

Jason and I had a great time at our neighbors' "Gangsters and Games" party last night.  We had an Italian themed dinner and played "guys vs girls" board games most of the night.  Pictionary got pretty competitive.  At midnight we watched the ball drop on TV and toasted to a Happy New Year with some great friends.

From the sounds of it, the boys also had a great time with their babysitter.  She said Nolan went to bed perfectly for her and Nash wanted to watch "How to Train Your Dragon" five times.  She told me Nash got on his cell phone and called to tell me to have a good time.  He also told her "Mommy and Daddy have never been on a date before."  Ha!  Sad!  I had prepped him earlier in the day that the babysitter was coming to play with him and Nolan while Mommy and Daddy went on a date.  They didn't get upset at all when we walked out the door which was SO reassuring!  I only called one time to check in and make sure things were going OK.  A successful evening all around.  I see more date nights in our future!

No comments:

Post a Comment