Saturday, March 8, 2014

Longest. Winter. Ever.

This winter has seriously about sent many people over the edge, including myself.  There were records set for snowfall in February, I think, but it was the outrageously cold temperatures for way too many days that I hope never return.  The kids missed several school days due to temperatures that would freeze your skin in seconds.  I don't remember having snow days when it was too cold to get out of the house.  It was so cold that when they did have school, they couldn't play outside.  Poor teachers need a bonus this year.  I'm not a big fan of winter anyway, but this was the mother of all winters.  If it lasted two weeks, I would be a happy girl!  Two days ago it was the first day of spring.  There are still patches of snow here and there.  It reached 60 degrees briefly yesterday and it felt glorious.  But tomorrow the high is supposed to be 34 degrees.  People, that's two degrees above freezing.  When spring does finally come, I will be tempted to pitch a tent and not come back inside until next fall.  I did make it out of the house to play with the kids at least once.  Maybe twice.  Jason took them sledding a few times when the temperature crept above zero.  I am so thankful my born-and-raised-in-California hubby likes the snow more than I do.  Phew!  Here are some pics to remind us that we actually did have a little fun this winter.
Nyle


Nolan

Nash and Nolan

Jason

Nyle

Jason trying to bury our children in the snow

Nyle and Nash


No comments:

Post a Comment