Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Nolan's Two Week Checkup


Yesterday we went in to see Dr. Anderson for Nolan's two week checkup. My mom went with us to chase Nash while I was occupied with Nolan. He was 8 pounds 1 oz at birth and dropped slightly to 7 pounds 11 oz before we left the hospital. A few days later, Maggie, the visiting nurse came over and Nolan weighed 8 pounds 5 oz. Jason thought for sure he was up to 9 pounds yesterday but I refused to believe it. When the nurse weighed him at his appointment the scale read 9 pounds 12 oz. My jaw dropped. I told the nurse I didn't think it was possible but she insisted that it was correct. When we saw the doctor, he was in disbelief too. He sent us back out to the scale for a re-do. Sure enough, 9 pounds 12 oz. I still can't believe it. His length measured 20 1/8 inches and head circumference measured 37.8 cm. I asked the doctor what percentile Nolan was in and he just said, "big." I had some concerns about a few things: Nolan's tongue is attached almost all the way to the the tip, when he spits up it also shoots out his nose and he has a rash on his bottom. Dr. Anderson recommended we get some zinc oxide for Nolan's bottom but was not too concerned about anything else. A good report overall! Nash and Nolan both have appointments in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment