Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Shake, Rattle, and Roll

Another midwest earthquake?! Last night I fed Nolan at 3am. I had just fallen asleep when the house began to shake and woke me up. I was a little out of it but knew right away what was happening. It felt like it lasted a long time but probably only lasted about a minute. I found out this morning it was a 3.8 magnitude earthquake in northern Illinois. The reason I knew what was happening right away is because the same thing happened in April of 2008 when I was up early in the morning changing Nash's diaper. He was about two months old at the time. That one was a 5.2 magnitude quake in southern Illinois. Apparently the New Madrid Fault Line runs through Illinois and down to New Madrid, Missouri. Who knew?

1 comment:

  1. earthquake when Nash was 2 months old?
    earthquake when Nolan was 2 months old?

    i think we just discovered a new earthquake prediction device!

    ReplyDelete