Friday, August 20, 2010

Deja Vu

Here we go again.  We were hoping that Jason's condition would improve without having to turn to surgery again but it doesn't look like that's the case.  I got a call today that Jason had been scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning because he has another bulging disc.  It was a rough day.  My brother came over and mowed our lawn and my dad left work early to watch the boys for me.  I went to the hospital to hopefully get some answers.  I insisted on talking to Jason's surgeon and to make a long story short, here is what we know now.  Jason has a bulging disc at L5-S1 which is two levels below his last surgery.  The bulging disc is twice as big as the first one was which is why Jason is in so much pain.  I asked the surgeon if he thought there was any way we could avoid the surgery.  He said we could try other things including injections but we would probably be delaying the inevitable.  With that in mind and the fact that Jason is still not able to walk or sit without severe pain, we have decided to go ahead with the surgery.  He will have a partial discectomy tomorrow morning around 7:30.  The surgeon told me it will be an outpatient surgery like his last one and he should be able to go home after he comes out of the anesthesia.  We are praying for a speed recovery!  The past two days have been the longest couple of days EVER!!!  Nolan is staying with Nana and Papa tonight and Nash is staying with Whit and Evan so I can get some sleep and get to the hospital early tomorrow morning.  I don't know what I would do without the help of my family.  They have all been lifesavers!  I promised my mom I would get some sleep so I better wrap this up!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the surgery and recovery goes well, Megan. We'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete