Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Quotes from a 2 3/4 year old

**Nash wanted to help me decorate Nolan's birthday cake on Sunday.  I compromised and let him frost a cupcake from the leftover batter.  Then he wanted to eat it...for breakfast.  I realize this is not the breakfast of champions but I let him eat it anyway.  After a few bites I asked him, "How is it Buddy?"  He said, "This is the best lunch I ever had!"
Nash fell asleep eating lunch after playing out in the snow.
**I was looking at some On Demand movies to watch and asked Nash if he wanted to watch The Princess and the Frog because we hadn't watched it before.  He said, "That's a girl movie maybe."

**I turned on the TV this morning and the Today Show was on.  I happen to really like the Today Show.  Nash said, "I wanna watch a boy channel."

**I took both boys grocery shopping at Wal-Mart the other day because Jason was out of town and we needed some things for Nolan's birthday party.  I thought that was pretty brave of me.  My nerves were probably a little frayed by the time we had to stop at Hobby Lobby really quick to pick up frosting tint for Nolan's cake.  I was all set to check out when Nash stopped at a display of plastic airplanes.  I asked him (probably somewhat irritated) to start listening and stay with me.  He told me several times quite loudly on the the way to the checkout, "You listen to me right now in my ear!"

POST IT NOTES:
**Nash likes to have his blanket on his bare tummy when he starts to get tired (satin side down, fuzzy side up so he can rub his hand across it until he falls asleep).

**Nash loves it when I put his comforter over his bed like a tent.
**During meal times, there's a fine line with Nash that you do not want to cross.  While eating Nolan's birthday supper (gluten free lasagna which was AWESOME!) Nash told me it was going to make him sick.  I said, "one more bite."  He did as I asked then gagged and threw up all over his plate.  This is the second time he has done this with me and he also did it with Jason once.  I felt terrible and will definitely listen the next time he tells me he's had enough.  He has Jason's sensitive gag reflex!

No comments:

Post a Comment