Saturday, May 12, 2012

I did it...FINALLY!

On Monday I defended my doctorate paper.  It's something I've been working on for about a year and a half now but it's been hanging over my head for several years.  I graduated in December 2003 with my Master of Physical Therapy degree.  I was in the last masters class before the program switched to a doctorate level.  Most of us chose to take 4 of the doctorate classes during the summer before we graduated.  That left me with one final "integration project" to complete my doctorate degree.  It dealt with research which is not really on my radar of interesting subjects so I procrastinated for a long time.  It's a really good thing there was a deadline to finish this or it may never have happened.  I sat in front of my committee with sweaty armpits on Monday and successfully defended my paper.  If you want to know what the research says about Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo, let me know.  My family and friends have been SO supportive.  I received so many encouraging texts and emails before my defense.  When I walked out of the building on Monday, Jason, Whitney and my mom and dad were waiting in the parking lot.  I immediately got tears in my eyes and gave them the thumbs up.  Balloons appeared when they realized my tears were good tears and we all went out for lunch before heading back to work.  Today is graduation day but I have decided not to take the walk across the stage.  I am spending the day with my family instead...maybe a trip to the zoo.  I am so relieved to be done reading, writing, and studying for this project!  (And secretly I'm looking forward to getting mail from the university addressed to Dr. and Mr. Wentland.)  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment