Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Our New "Normal"











Life has definitely changed since the additional of Nolan to our family. We are trying to figure out our new "normal." That might take some time!


Nolan was eating every 2.5 to 3 hours however the past two nights he has stretched that to about every 4 hours which is REALLY nice! I hope I didn't jinx myself! There seems to be a lot more laundry now even though we have only added a miniature wardrobe to the normal load. Wait, maybe it's just piling up higher before I get to it...I bet thats it! :0) Nolan continues to grow at a rapid pace. He only lasted about a week in newborn diapers. I have him in size 1-2 now and even those seem to be getting small. He is wearing 3 month clothes already too.



















Nash likes to know where his brother is at all times. He will say "Where Nolan?" or "Nolan, where are you?" if he can't find him. He also seems to be creeping into the terrible twos. If he doesn't get his way he has started to throw tantrums...like the ones I've seen other kids throw and said to myself "my child will NEVER act like that." Yep, those kind. He throws himself to the floor and cries. They end rather quickly however if we choose to ignore them. Between the rare tantrums however he is a very happy boy. He loves to play with trucks and his little toy animals. I think he is starting to work his imagination a little bit and he is able to entertain himself for a while. Madagascar and Shrek are the most requested movies right now.


Yesterday Nash and Aunt Nini were at the table coloring. She started to write his name and said "N." Nash was able to finish his name saying "A-S-H." I couldn't believe it. Of course I couldn't get him to do it for the camera even though I attempted many times.
Nash is taking one nap during the day. The timing depends on what time he wakes up in the morning. Sometimes it ends up being in the morning and other days it's right after lunch. But one thing is certain...he still needs one good nap during the day! Today we have been busy trying to get the house in order and making some snacks here and there. Tonight we are having some friends over to watch the Iowa Hawkeye football team play in the FedEx Orange Bowl. GO HAWKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment