Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Little Blessings

Nash's nap time and nighttime routine usually consists of reading two books then laying down in his toddler bed with his yellow blanket while the book reader lies on the floor next to his bed waiting for him to fall asleep.  I should say, this is how it goes unless Daddy puts him to bed and then he ends up sleeping with Mommy and Daddy.  Daddy is such a softy when it comes to sticking to the routine!  On a really good night, I get Nash to bed at a descent time and we have a chance to talk about his day.  I like to ask him what his favorite thing was about the day.  Then I ask him if he wants to say a prayer.  My hope for my boys is that they will have a relationship with God.  Nash and I are learning to pray out loud together and it has been SO awesome.  Last night was a great example.  I asked him if he wanted to say a prayer.  He said, "Thank you God for my house, thank you for my table and for my chairs.  God bless the kids who couldn't go trick or treating (I had prayed this with him the other night), God Bless Montana and Trinity and Sophie and Brian and Patty (our awesome neighbors), and God Bless my puppies."
For this, and so many other reasons, I feel so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. That is too cute. And amazing. What an awesome little prayer from such a little guy.

    ReplyDelete