Sunday, November 21, 2010

Post It Notes

Nash is able to count to ten in Spanish...Gracias Dora!  (Nana, Jason and I will also take a little credit for this one...group effort!)

I can't even put together a vocabulary list for Nash anymore...his speech amazes me.  One minor twist...he has trouble pronouncing words that start with "br".  For some reason it always comes out "dr."  "My toy is droken."  For a while I was trying to correct him each time.  One day we were talking to a neighbor and Nash said, "That's Nolan.  He's my druther."  She smiled and commented how cute it was. I have stopped trying to correct him because she's right, it's pretty darn cute.  I don't want to forget this about him because before I know it, he will have it all figured out.  Until then, I'm going to enjoy the cuteness.


Nash is really struggling with sharing.  He has never been great at sharing with Nolan but will have a sparkling moment every once in a while.  Two weeks ago after church I picked the boys up from the nursery.  The volunteers reported there was an incident where another little boy screeched and Nash happened to be right there with him.  They found a faint bite mark on the boy's back.  We had not had any problems with biting so I was hoping it was a mistake.  When we left I stopped in the hallway and asked Nash if he bit the little boy.  "Yeah, I did."  I asked him why he bit him.  "Because I can."  Really?
Then, at Chik-Fil-A the other day, Nash was in the play area with a bunch of other kids while I was in the dining area talking to my Dad.  A boy came running out to his mom crying because a little boy pulled his hair.  I cringed hoping it wasn't Nash but I had a sneaky suspicion it was.  I got up and followed her in to the gym and sure enough, he pointed at Nash.  Apparently they both wanted to drive the plane.  Nash apologized and we had yet ANOTHER discussion about sharing.  I'm not sure it's sinking in.

Nash is still loving the movie "Cars" and would watch it over and over if we would let him.  He also likes "James and the Giant Peach," and "The Bee Movie."

No comments:

Post a Comment