Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Thanksgiving Alphabet

(This is a work in progress)
I AM THANKFUL FOR...
A...
B... Books.  Kids books mostly.  Some day I will be thankful for my own books but right now I love that Nash and Nolan want to sit and have books read to them.
C... Canines (D was already taken).  We picked Daizy and Memphis up at the pound when we lived in Montana in 2004 and 2005.  They are such great dogs and so good with the boys.
D... Disposable diapers.  I take them for granted.
E...
F... Friends and family, both near and far.  We would not be who we are without them.  And I probably would have lost my mind by now without their love and support.
G... God, for so many reasons.
H... Health.  Even though both boys have colds, we can deal with that.
I...  In home child care (AKA Nana!) We are SO spoiled that she drives down to watch the boys at our house three days a week while I work.
J... Jason's job.  Especially with the unemployment rate so high.  I am thankful that he likes his job and thankful his job allows me to stay home with my boys 2 days a week.
K...
L...
M... My mini van/Mommy missile.  There, I said it.
N... Nash and Nolan, this one was really easy!  I love my boys to the moon and back!
O... Our Freedom, and all of the men and women who fight for it.
P... Peace and
Q... Quiet.  Rare but wonderful every once in a while.
R...
S... STARBUCKS!  Specifically the grande sugar free vanilla chai latte skim milk no water extra hot
T... Technology.  I know it's not a necessity but I'm still thankful for my camera, computer, cell phone,  etc.
U...
V...
W... Warm days when we can play outside.
X... Xanax.  This is what I take before I get on an airplane.  Trust me, if you ever have to fly with me, you'll be thankful for it too.
Y...
Z...
We've hosted Thanksgiving at our house for several years now.  It's great.  My parents usually prepare the Turkey and everyone else brings a dish to share.  I don't have to spend all day in the kitchen and the boys get to nap in their own beds.  My family has always been huge into board games and this year was no different.  If we aren't eating, we're probably playing games.  
Clockwise from L to R: Great Grandma Phyliss, Whitney, Megan, Evan, Jason, Nana and Nash, Papa and Nolan, Will, and Daniele

Four generation picture
Front: My Aunt Sandy, My Grandma Phyliss, My Uncle Win
Back: Rick and Peg

1 comment: