Friday, April 22, 2011

Lessons Learned

Last time Grama Jo visited I posted about things we had learned from her while she was here.  This time, I received an email from her the day after she left about things she learned while in Iowa.  *I posted my comments in italics.



1.  @ The Red Ginger, sushi is filling but sashimi is appetizers.  *Jason and Julie went out for a sushi lunch one day.  I hope he got his fix! 


2. I must chomp Jason's fingers harder and faster to get him to quit sooner.  *So true.  Jason thinks its funny to dig his fingers into very ticklish collarbone area until victim can no longer breathe.


3. Don't tease Megan about pouring a glass of wine.  *Julie offered to pour wine then proceeded to get out the crackers and cheese first.  I was parched.


4. Experiencing heat, humidity, rain, cold, wind, thunder and lightening, tornado warnings, more wind/rain, and finally snow in only seven days can wreak havoc on a California girl's hair. (Not to mention her mind.)  *Very weird weather week in the Midwest.  We literally had a little bit of everything!


5. Cuddling with a grandson is wonderful, even if encouraged by fever.  *Nash wasn't feeling well one day and was more cuddly than normal.


6. Monkey Preschool Lunchbox is very hard to share with another person, especially for a grama.  *Grama Jo has a very fun game on her iphone.  Nash would tell her they could play together but she would have to be very quick in order to actually get her turn.


7. Nolan and I are still fascinated with sticking out our tongues at each other.  *The last two visits I have captured pictures of them sticking their tongues out at each other.  See previous post from Grama Jo's visit.


8. Socks do NOT belong on the feet when it is time for sleep. That trait is inherited. You get it from your grandsons.  *Nash, Nolan, and Grama Jo all have to have their socks off when sleeping..even for a nap.


9. Megan and I (and Eggroll) were the only ones able to catch the egg. But is that a good thing??  *We ate at Osaka one night for dinner.  There were 10 adults and only 3 of us were able to catch the egg in our mouths.


10. Doing mundane chores with family is precious to me. I hide those memories in my heart.  *Grama Jo does not have to be entertained when she comes.  She's along for the ride and fits right into our daily routine.


Nolan and Grama

Grama and Nash






















1 comment:

  1. great lessons learned.
    I always smile when I read them.
    Thanks for posting. You are very lucky to have such a great Gramma Jo and Nana.
    Very blessed family.

    ReplyDelete