Friday, August 26, 2011

Nash's First Day of Preschool

Nash has been so excited to start pre-school since bible school ended earlier this summer.  Last Wednesday, the morning of the big day, I could tell he was getting a little leary.
Our proud little pre-schooler

Nolan and Nash

Nash showing Mom some love

Nana and the boys

Nash looking a little tired of pictures
I started work a little late so I could take him to school along with Nana and Nolan.  It did not go as well as I had expected.  Nash cried as I started to leave.  I got tears in my eyes.  Nana saw me crying and she started getting tears in her eyes.  Two of my neighbor Mom's were standing at the door trying to coax me out of the building.  As I started toward the door Nash started crying louder and yelling for me some more.  I forced myself to leave with tears streaming down my face and as I walked out I noticed I had also made the other two Moms teary eyed as well.  Well done Megan!
Ready to rock n roll
When I got home from work on day 1 I asked Nash how school went.  He said, "Mom, pre-school freaks me out."
I asked him who he played with and he said, "Owen and the boy in the white shirt."  On day 2 I asked him who he played with and he said, "Owen and the boy in the blue shirt,"  I suggested he ask the boy what his name is.
As I am finishing this post, we have now survived 5 days of pre-school.  I'm happy to say that each day has been better and better.  He is now excited to go to school to see his friends and learn new things.  He is singing new songs and bringing home projects.   I love hearing about his day.  He's growing up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment