Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Here We Go Again!

We got the call yesterday that we need to be at the hospital at 8:30 am tomorrow for our c section at 10:30.  It's getting real!  I finished my last day of work last Thursday so I was able to get things wrapped up and my patients transferred over to other therapists.  I think it's a good thing I stopped working because this week is rather hot again and it's just a little more difficult to move around without my abdomen tightening up.  Plus, there is only so many times you can stop to go to the bathroom and still have a productive day.  It's been nice being home with the boys and trying to get everything in order before tomorrow.  It's a little strange to be honest.  Sometimes I'm sure I should be getting something in order but I don't really know what to do with myself.  The boys helped me "cricket" some vinyl letters so the baby's name is on the nursery wall.  I also put Nolan's name on his wall and we finished Nash's canvas for his wall.


I'm finishing getting caught up on laundry.  My bag is packed.  I made a "crazy Mom" word document yesterday including phone numbers, our general schedule, meal options etc. I know it's crazy type A but it makes me feel better.  There are several people helping us out with the boys while Jason and I are at the hospital so this way everyone has a way to contact each other in case we are unavailable.  I can't imagine not having supportive family here to help!
The boys are getting excited.  Nash keeps asking of today is the day the baby is coming so we have been counting down the last several days.  I've been trying to prep Nolan about what is going to be happening over the next few days but mostly he is excited that Nana, Papa, and Nini will be spending a lot of time with them.  It's obviously going to be a big adjustment for ALL of us but we are so excited Hiccup will be here tomorrow.  We have a lot of people praying for us and for our doctors so hopefully everything will go smoothly.  I would be lying if I said I was wasn't a little anxious thinking about having surgery and what the recovery will be like.  I'm trying to put everything in God's hands.  Why is that so hard sometimes?
P.S. I think I forgot to update about the "pregnancy tumor."  I went in for my follow-up and the lab test came back fine.  It was exactly what they thought it was and she reminded me again that it was the biggest one she'd ever seen.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan! I hope you're recovering well and that you and your boys are adjusting to your new bundle. Thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete