Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Nyle - 5 weeks


We have a nasty bug going around our house right now which makes things extra challenging and makes me even more tired than I would be otherwise.  Nash and Nolan and I all have it.  Grama Jo is here visiting right now and I'm sure she is elated that we shared with her as well.  Nash has missed two days of preschool this week so far.  Luckily, Nyle is doing fine and Jason has somehow avoided it too.
Nyle is 5 weeks old today.  He is eating about 5.5 oz at a time and his feet are starting to stretch out the bottom of his newborn outfits.  Maybe he did grow about 1.5 inches that first 2 weeks!  
The "big boys" are doing well other than their colds.  Nash still adores Nyle and wants to be near him all the time.  His new thing is shaping Nyle's hair into a mohawk.  


Along with my cold, I started having trouble keeping up with Nyle's feedings.  My supply was not meeting his demand which is very unusual for me.  I gave him his first formula bottle yesterday and one today.  He did great.  I've been pumping like crazy trying to increase my production and it's a little better.  I melted down about the formula thing at first but I have come to terms with it now (I think).  It is what it is.  I will keep giving him breast milk as long as I can, even if I have to supplement with formula every now and again.  It's just different this time around for some reason.  Maybe because he started out stretching his feedings so far apart and now is eating more often.  Or maybe because I was dehydrated?  Doesn't matter I guess.  He's doing great.
Well, I've survived the first 5 weeks.  It's definitely been challenging at times.  My family has been such a big help.  My sister stops by when she can.  My mom still comes over on Wednesdays and Thursdays which are her normal days with the boys when I'm not on leave.  Grama Jo has been here this week and has been a huge help.  Three days a week, it's just me and my three boys.  It is down right crazy sometimes.  It would help if I had wheels on my feet and more than 2 hands.  I told myself before Nyle was born that this first year would be challenging with all three boys at home.  Nash has preschool 3 days a week for 3 hours each day but it's almost crazier trying to get everyone ready and loaded up in the morning.  I find myself telling the boys quite often, "Patience please.  I am only one Mommy."  Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful to be home with them.  My maternity leave is going by way too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment