Saturday, August 24, 2013

First Day of School!

This was a big week for us here!  Wednesday Nolan started his first year of pre-school...same school where Nash went for two years.  While Nash was going there, Nolan always wanted to stay at school with him.  However, we started talking about the fact that it was Nolan's school now and he was going to start soon and he kept saying, "no thank you."  At least he was polite about it.  He really is good about remembering his manners.










We are so proud of you Nolan!

The morning went well though.  Jason and I were both able to take him Wednesday morning.  No tears from the brave kid.  Mine started in the parking lot when I saw another mom crying on the sidewalk after dropping off her little girl.  And there is a reason Jason wore his sun glasses.  When Nana, Nash and Nyle picked him up he hugged Nash right away and said his day was "awesome!"

Nash's first day on Friday was full of excitement.  It just blows my mind that my baby boy is off to big boy school.  I think I would have been more emotional if Nash hadn't been so extremely excited to go.  I was feeling happy for him more than anything else.  I just pray that we have done job over the last 5 years to help prepare him for this new adventure.












We are so proud of you Buddy!
There is a song on K-Love right now that makes me think of my boys.  It's called "The Words I Would Say" by Sidewalk Prophets.  For Nash, Nolan, and Nyle...

Be Strong in the Lord and
Never give up hope
You're gonna do great things
I already know
God's got His hand on you so
Don't live life in fear
forgive and forget
but don't forget why you're here
Take your time and pray
These are the words I would say

-Sidewalk Prophets


1 comment:

  1. such special pictures. We love your boys and are thankful we got to see them this summer. I also LOVE the words to the song. Maybe a poster could be made for their rooms so you will always remember the song and this special time in their lives.

    ReplyDelete