Saturday, August 17, 2013

Mr. and Mrs.

On August 9 I had the pleasure of standing up with my friend Jessi as she said "I do" to her best friend.
Jess and Kev

I've known Jessi since 6th grade.  She has lived half way across the country since college so I don't get to see her as much as I'd like.  It was such an awesome wedding and she looked absolutely beautiful.
Jessi and Me

Jessi's sister and two other friends from home were also in the wedding and it was such a blast being all together again.
Mindy, Andrea, Jessi, Me and Adel

As an added bonus, the wedding took place on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean in San Diego.  It was gorgeous! My mom and Nyle traveled with me which was such a blessing.

Me, Nyle and Nana
The only thing that wasn't such a blessing was the time change.  Two hours makes a big difference and Nyle did not get the memo.  I actually didn't want him to because we were only there for four days so it was just easier to keep him on Iowa time.  So...we were usually up around 4 or 4:30.  I was afraid the other hotel guests would not appreciate that Nyle didn't really enjoy being couped up in a hotel room before the sun came up.  We took early morning strolls through downtown San Diego so I now know where all of the coffee shops are located.  This is a picture of Nyle taking a ride on the luggage cart in the lobby while we waited for the sun to come up.

Early bird gets the worm

No comments:

Post a Comment