Sunday, August 11, 2013

Project Crossroads

Our poor garden has been SO neglected.  Despite the weeds being taller than the corn, we have been what we would consider successful first year farmers.  We had a descent corn crop although as far as taste goes, it's average in my opinion.





We are seeing a few pumpkins and squash.  We have picked plenty of cucumbers and there are tons more that need a little more time to reach their full potential.  I have pictures on my phone and will post when I get a chance. Unfortunately we did not see any signs of brussel sprouts (or maybe thats fortunate if you ask me).  No signs of watermelon.  The sugar snap peas were all dried up before we got to them.  I think a few of our sweet potato plants made it but I need to research when we can start digging for those guys.  So as I'm writing it's looking like we had a rough go of it but we are still going to consider this year successful thanks to the cucumbers.


No comments:

Post a Comment