Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mom and Dad's Day Out

Several weeks ago Jason and I starting planning a day out...alone.  We hired a sitter and scheduled a couple's massage.  We had a bunch of gift cards we needed to use that I had stockpiled over the years.  Thank goodness those things don't expire.  I was able to talk Jason into a manicure and pedicure as well.  Let's keep that between you and me because if he finds out I posted this on here, I may never get a Mom and Dad day out again.  SHHHH!  We arrived at the spa at 10am and enjoyed amazing massages.  This was followed up by a manicure and pedicure complete with paraffin wax treatment.  This was a new one for Jason and hilarious to see him freak out when he heard the word "wax."  It made him very nervous for a second or two!  We left the spa feeling very exfoliated and then enjoyed an awesome lunch at Granite City.  Have you every tried their bruschetta salad?  YUMMO!  We stopped by the mall for a little shopping then made it back home around 5 before the babysitter bill got too out of hand.  What an awesome date day with my groom.  From the sounds of it the boys enjoyed their day with the sitter too, which makes me feel a whole lot better about leaving them for so long.  At the end of the day I realized how important it is for Jason and I to make each other a priority.  We are going to try to do something like this at least once a month, not a huge expensive day like we had on Saturday of course, but something as low key as a trip to Starbucks for coffee.  I would look forward to something as simple as that.
Jason and I back in the day...2005-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment