Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Hiccup!

Jason and I left the house about 8am on Wednesday to head to the hospital for our scheduled c section.  It was a little weird getting ready that morning but very exciting too.  Our neighbor Allison came over to hang out with Nash and Nolan so Nana and Papa could be at the hospital with us. 
39 1/2 weeks.  Shirt stretched to max capacity the morning of my c section

Me and my very proud soon-to-be new big brothers
We arrived at the hospital and got settled into our room.  Jason made his way down to the cafeteria for the biscuits and gravy and the famous bacon that he raves about while the nurses started my pre-surgery stuff.
Jason and me

My dad, my mom, and me

Jason getting ready for my surgery

Jason watching the Olympics and waiting to be called in for my surgery
I walked down to operating room about 10:25am to get my epidural and get prepped for surgery.  My mom tells me they came to get Jason at 11:07 and NYLE STEVEN WENTLAND was officially born at 11:09.  They work fast!
Nyle Steven: 8 pounds 1 oz, 20 inches long

The whole scheduled c section process was very surreal so I was not prepared for the emotions when I heard him cry for the first time...overwhelming joy...the tears just started flowing.  (Just like when Nash and Nolan were born.)  They let me give Nyle a kiss then Jason went with him to the room to see Nana and Papa while Dr. Mihm finished up my surgery.
Nyle's wrinkly little hand


First Kiss

Mommy and Nyle
Daddy and Nyle

Nana, Papa and Nyle

Nyle Steven means "Crowned Champion" (appropriate for being born during the Olympics)
Proud Aunt Nini came to visit as soon as she could get away from work

Eggroll stopped in for a visit too

Mr. Wentland
What a day!  We are SO excited Nyle is finally here and looking forward to discovering what life is like as a FAMILY OF FIVE!  Welcome to the world buddy!  We are so in love with you already.

No comments:

Post a Comment