Saturday, September 24, 2011

Grama Jo's Visit

Grama Jo arrived on September 10th from California.  We had so much fun while she was here.  We relaxed some but mostly stayed busy.  Here is a glimpse of some of the fun we had.
We went to the park
We had a dance party 

Our wine and cheese party

Grama Jo and Nana 
We spent some time outside

Sidewalk art
 OK, I have to explain this one.  I drew a frog and asked Nash to draw him some flies to eat.  So he drew some flies and a tongue.  Next thing I know he's smearing yellow all over the flies.  When I asked him what it was he said, "butter."  I had no idea frogs liked butter on their flies.
Grama Jo read a bazillion books to the boys.
Grama Jo brought her "Grama Bag" stocked with books, toys animals, and trucks.  We also had our traditional "Faux Thanksgiving dinner" complete with sweet potatoes and cornish hens.  YUM!

Jason surprised Grama and took her to the Hawkeye football game against Pitt last Saturday.  It was an awesome game and she had such a great time.  She even got to ride the Hawkeye Bus on the way to the game.  They rushed home after the game so Jason and I could go to my 15 year high school reunion banquet.

Grama  Jo flew back to California on the 20th.  The good news is we will see her again in less than three months when we make the trip to the west coast.  See you soon Julie!

No comments:

Post a Comment